Sunday 28 March 2021

Progress in the garden



About 3 or 4 years ago my neighbours erected a 'chalet' at the bottom of their very long garden. I have a very small garden and from my kitchen window, my eye kept focussing on the new addition next door. I had hoped they might plant some greenery to help it blend in but they didn't take too kindly to that suggestion so it was up to me to find a solution.


I planted some fast growing shrubs. I couldn't afford to buy large ones and just hoped they would grow quickly.

I needn't have worried because the bamboo is now about 10ft tall and the others are about 8ft.
I can hardly see the 'chalet' at all now. Happy days.



Good to see so much colour in the garden. I am not a gardener and spend the minimum amount of time trying to keep it under control. This is always the best time of the year when the bulbs bring that much needed colour into our lives once again.


17 comments:

  1. Not a chalet to be seen anywhere. Job done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at your daffodils in bloom! I think of a chalet as a small house but maybe what you call a chalet is what we call a gazebo. Your plantings did the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha … when they said “good fences make good neighbours” they should have added bamboo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a real nice job ! It's so cheerful now to see flowers starting to bloom and I purr like a happy cat because I don't have nothing to do in the garden but admire the work of a bunch of gardeners to maintain the beautiful view ! (The house next door occupies 3 gardeners !!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your solution turned out really well! And yes, everything is in bloom around here right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good result and so quickly too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only does your fence provide a lovely growing structure for the new shrubs, it also provides the base for an upward frame for holding vines. Not only can't you see through the jasmine or whatever you prefer, but every weekend you can pick flowers to add to your table :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful resolution to the 'chalet' problem ~ Xo

    Living moment to moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The final result was well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks good. Well done. The flowers add lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like admiring other peoples gardens much more than I liked actually gardening. And I admire yours. Love to see Spring flowers now and they were my favorites back when I was reluctant gardener, especially because they were one-and-done! Great job on the bamboo fence, it beautifully hides the neighbor’s “structural addition”.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your plants did their job well. You would never know the chalet was there. Your spring flowers are lush and pretty, a nice focal point from your window.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bamboo is great for hiding things lol! Our previous garden was a lot of work but where we've moved too it is much simpler and easier to maintain.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice that you got it sorted, I don't know why they didn't want to plant some greenery, I would've wanted some privacy had I been them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.