Tuesday 21 July 2020

Shoreham

The walk I did last week to the Lavender fields started and finished in the village of Shoreham in Kent. It is not that large but I counted three pubs and it is a popular destination for walkers and others who want to escape the larger towns. It also has a station although that is about a mile from the village.








The River Darent runs alongside the village and it was this river I followed on my walk.




There are many farms surrounding the village.
Here you can see the hops growing.

The railway viaduct.


The flint cottage dating from the 18th century.
There are a number of listed buildings in Shoreham including this early 19th century one and the one above.





15 comments:

  1. The viaduct is stunning. I can see lots of opportunities to be messing around in boats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming village. It really is nice enlarging these photos … making it feel like being on the walk myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitting outside a Kentish pub in summer is terrific fun. The Two Brewers is also highly recommended :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a bad place to go out walking. I do miss going for lunch in a pub here in the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    It is a pretty village, lovely homes. The views of the river are great! Another nice walking tour! Take care, stay safe! Have a great day and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tour of this village. Thank you for your pictures and commentary. I enjoyed tagging along with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHat a lovely village. A beautiful area for a stroll.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely place to go for a stroll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing the river...beautiful township! Such nice clear photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow very interesting viilage wit a great architecture

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen the growing of hops, or even lander. I don't think either would do well as commercial crops up here. We've had a dry week so far but I think it's rain again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful building and homes! Love seeing the small towns in other countries. Hope you are staying safe from the virus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a lovely summer walk. I love the flint cottage with the bust over the door.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I certainly enjoyed this wonderful tour, great photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.