These three shops on the corner of Wood Street and Cheapside date from 1687 and were built after the Great Fire of London. There is an inscription on the back of the building giving details.
Just to the right of the shops is a small garden with a huge plane tree in the middle of it. This was the site of a former churchyard. The church of St Peter's was first mentioned in 1196 but destroyed in the Great Fire and never rebuilt.
On the railings surrounding this small garden is this memorial to the church wardens dated 1712.