Welcome to my blog

This is it! I've given up work -retired from the rat race and am about to start on a 10 year adventure, doing all those things I've been meaning to do but never had the time to do them. I've offloaded my responsibilities and it is now my time. So follow my adventures and see whether I actually manage anything!



Saturday, 28 January 2012

Florida

 I am staying with a friend in Wellington, Florida for a few days. A. and N. live on a gated estate where every house has a view of a lake. Early the next morning we went for a 4 mile walk around the site. It was still dark as we set off so there were many water birds around - ibis,heron ,cormerant to name but a few. The estate is immaculate and well manicured. It was also very quiet. I expected to see lots of people out and about but noI saw very few. Later that morning A took me to the South Florida Fair.  We saw a magic show which was all spectacle but little skill. Avery good band playing sixties music and a new one on me - pig racing.
Pig racing and swimming at the South Florida show
A Duck tour from West Palm Beach  across the water to Palm Beach.
Food in Florida!!!!!!!!!
The end (or beginning) of the USA
A beautiful sunset viewed from Mallory Square in Key West