Monday 24 October 2011

Top Girls

Living in London, there are so many plays and shows to go to that if you had the money you could go to a different one each week. Unfortunately the cost of theatre tickets has risen steeply over the years and I only seem to go when I can find a good offer. I managed to get excellent seats to see 'Top Girls' at the Trafalgar Studios this weekend. As it starred a favourite actress - Suranne Jones I was really looking forward to it. Perhaps I should have carried out a little more research into the subject matter. What a let down. A poor plot with an equal lack of characterisation. Although the acting was good it can only be as good as the script which was so without substance I am surprised it has had the run that it has had. Never mind there's always The Jersey Boys to re energise my love of the theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.