The City Canal runs through Riga surrounded by beautiful gardens with a number of small bridges spanning the canal.
The building on the left is the small Guild Hall and on the right is the Great Guild Hall now home to the Riga Philharmonic orchestra. Guildhalls have been here since the 14th cent but this Gothic styled building was opened in 1857 and then reconstructed in 1965 after a fire.
The old town was full of narrow cobbled streets
The buildings had lots of interesting additions.
Part of the old city wall.
The Musicians of Bremen from the Brothers Grimm fairy tale. Looks like people rub the noses for good luck.
The three historical houses built closely together have been known as The Three Brothers for centuries. Legend has it that they were built by three men from the same family. These are the oldest medieval houses in Riga. During medieval times this street was on the outskirts of the town and it is where the craftsmen lived. Today the buildings house the Latvian Museum Of Architecture.
t Nouveau Museum.