Saturday 13 August 2011

White water rafting

Eventually decided to give this a go. I was going to try the 3/4 level but there was an upper age limit of 55 so opted for the 2/3 level which I assumed would be quite tame. How wrong was I! The minute we got into the river it was flowing really fast due to the rain and our first experience of a rapid was a level 3. I didn´t know what had hit me. Soaked to the skin and trying to follow the guide´s instructions of when and which way to paddle just confused me when he then shouted to get down. This meant we were heading for a collision so had to get right down in the raft. I managed to do that but remained in that position after he had told us to get back up and start paddling. Other raft companions didn´t seem that impressed but at least I hadn´t fallen out. We were on the river for 2 hours and it was a fantastic experience. Not sure I will do it again but never say never.
<> </></></></>
The smile hides the fear! (Costa Rica)


 

1 comment:

  1. I've been rafting in the Canadian Rockies, the Rio Grande and a couple of rivers in Mexico and LOVED it!!! Not enough water in most rivers in Spain to try it though...
    The nice thing about doing it in the tropics is no need for wetsuits! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.