Monday 17 April 2017

St James's Palace



As you can imagine security is tighter than ever in London at the moment but it doesn't stop ceremonial life of the city. 


This is outside St James's Palace, the London residence of the Prince of Wales as well  as some other members of the Royal family.I just happened to be passing as the Changing of the Guard was taking place. 


Today it was the turn of the 1st Battalion of the Irish Guards accompanied by the band of the Grenadier Guards and the Irish Guards Corps of Drums.

The Guard leaves the Palace on its way back to Wellington Barracks.


The regimental mascot accompanies the Guard. I think it's an Irish wolfhound but I'm not sure.








Marching down the Mall.



The parks are beautiful with signs of Spring everywhere.














18 comments:

  1. Traditions are still going on, now garded by the Police.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home to your lovely London. Thanks for sharing it with me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Closest thing to pageantry in my parts...the neighbors and I, twice a week, dragging our bins to the curb. (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful that the ceremonies still go on in London in spite the state of the world nowadays. With Trump and his provoking rhetoric to our friends and enemies alike, we here have lost any sense of security we have felt in recent years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What good timing to witness the guards changing! I see there's lots of lovely stuff blooming your area too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So i will be in London since 29th Arpil to ,4th of May i hope it is going to be a great and safe time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fond memories of London from your wonderful photos ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a peaceful week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great pageantry and nice spring photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see the spring blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful images from around the palace. Lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty blooms to brighten the spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It happened to me last time I think when I was in London that I went by the St. James palace and saw the ceremony ! I think life should continue as before otherwise they would win. Anyway you are not even safe in your own house, you can fall down the steps !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy you are safely home. Beautiful Springtime in beautiful London. And I agree with you (and Gattina in the above comment).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad we just carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am wondering if I will ever feel completely safe again....Beautiful blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Classic set of images - Englishness on two levels I think.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like to see those traditions like the changing of the guard and good to carry on now and in future.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.