Monday 6 March 2017

Rauschenberg

Robert Rauschenberg (1925-2008)
As I am off to the USA this week I thought it would be good to see an exhibition of an American artist currently on show at the Tate Modern. It is the first full scale retrospective exhibition since Rauschenberg's death in 2008. It is a large collection of his work covering six decades arranged into rooms. Each room represents a change in his technique or mode of working.


The work I liked the best was in the silkscreen room which he began to experiment with in the early 60s.




12 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos of art work ~ I loved the Tate Museum ~ did Xmas shopping there last June on my visit to London and they shipped it for me ~

    Wishing you a happy week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting works, encapsulating a period in time. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where in the US are you visiting? Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the note at the end is an understatement It worse now than then. Interesting prints at least you can make something of them which is more that I can say for other bit of so called art. Enjoy you trip to the States if they let you in ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Mister President let you in....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I spied Janis Joplin in one of those collages. Safe travels. Can't wait to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting work. I look forward to seeing your pictures. Safe travels! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting pieces. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Six decades! I really had no idea he had been painting for that long. A very interesting preparation for your trip and I hope it lives up to this interesting start.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I meant to say 'had painted', not 'been painting'....

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.