Thursday 4 August 2016

For Gattina

 Today I should have met 'Gattina' from Writers cramps but due to a mistake over the train times she did not arrive and will not be in London until tomorrow when I am not free to meet up. So this is for you 'Gattina'. Your fears that my day might have been wasted were needless. I spent the day walking and here area few things I spotted on the way. Victoria station is still a nightmare with all the building works so I wanted to move away from there.
The only highlight amongst the chaos is Little Big Ben at the end of Victoria Street.















Leicester Square was my next stop looking for a couple of reflections
This reflection was a strange one as the reflection looks as though the building is next to it rather than at right angles to it.








One of the many talented buskers around the Square.

Lisle Street with its colourful flags and gay bars.














Another reflection, this time it shows the side entrance to the Phoenix theatre.





 Found this reflection at Tottenham Court Road where major work is taking place to enlarge the station for the new Crossrail line.


I spent the afternoon at Somerset House looking at an exhibition of prize winning illustrations (more of these in my next post). So 'Gattina' I look forward to hearing about your day in London tomorrow.

16 comments:

  1. Way to make the most of the day! Enjoyed coming with you on the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots. I'd love to spend days walking around London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Ben is cool and with lots of sunshine. I get terribly confused by reflection photos. What is real and what is reflected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I see you made the best of it and sure enjoyed your day on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad for Gattina, but wonderful for me! Love the pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. there is always plenty to see in London and I love all the reflections you found. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gattina will be pleased to see you had fun, even though you two missed seeing each other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shots! I love the reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always something to do in London. Bad luck that you missed each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A day is never wasted if I have my camera and can wander a city. Great reflection.
    I'm so tired of construction at our Union Station as well. At least the street portion is done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice set of pictures - even mixed up days can be great!

    I had seen the lady with the Fab Four poster about 10 minutes before I took the shot, I thought I had missed a chance, but she just popped up again!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful aspects and reflections, as well!! a lovely week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry you two didn't get to meet of course, but you are the last person I'd ever worry about wasting a day -- you who find wonders and little snips of fascination everywhere you go! (Of course being in London does give you a bit of advantage over the rest of us poor small town mortals ;>))

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.